Thursday, May 03, 2012


Confessions of a lover.

You have stepped in my dreams as if they were reality.
Now I can only dream of getting you back.
Left me alone in the dark room,
The windows closed one by one….losing the light it had,
Hoped you that you would come back.
But you never came so I still sit today waiting for you,
In the same dark room.
I tried to keep my promise to be by your side ….always
But you have broken yours….
Every word that you said is in my heart stitched, with the golden threads.
But now they are wearing out so will I someday.
Remember you asked me in play : about my first kiss…
I lied …I wanted it to be with you!

I’m here to confess:
Our meeting wasn’t incidental….
I saw you
Took me time to find out who you were….
And everything else followed.
But if I hadn’t met you I would have failed to know myself!
Haven’t I told you this as I feared losing you ….
But now I have nothing else to do but to say that I loved you!
As I still do…don’t let this love fade, please come back to me.
If I have done wrong please tell me my sins
But don’t go away!

If you think I’m unsuitable for you please tell me so….
I would leave the golden threads to rust.
I would disappear
But please relief me of this guilt…
But just tell me…..
                                                                                                                             Prithwish Patra.

Blogger’s note : Very few people know who this poem is addressed to and I want it to be that way…hope she finds it…..    

No comments:

Post a Comment